Last night was the end of one of the longest nights of my life.
After having a bad laundry soap allergic reaction through my clothing and spending three sleepless nights scratching, we closed the show and tore it down. I then went to Wal-Mart to get the stuff I needed to cure my rash. After getting the items in need (baking soda and oatmeal bath stuff), I went home and bathed.
I did not do exactly as I was told, however, and spent the night itching like never before as the concoction appeared to be drawing the poison from my skin.
I got no sleep.
Just before attempting to rest for the last time (and this was what convinced me rest was exactly what I needed) I saw a news piece on Yahoo about a naked guy eating the face off another naked guy. Zombies in Miami? I gotta get some sleep.
Not so fast. When I wake up, there it is again. The Causeway Cannibal…Zombies in Miami. This news is not a movie, nor does it seem to be some sick and twisted publicity stunt. It is real.
It would seem that a new form of LSD is now circulating in the Miami area and this stuff acts like PCP but with hallucinations. Wonderful. What’s next? Wolfmen? Real Vampires? Honest politicians? Oh, wait, there is Ron Paul.
Anyway, I have always held that drugs should be legal, yet regulated. On first reading about this beast of drugs, I have to admit that my first reaction was that perhaps it is time I re-evaluate that position. However, on reconsideration, I realized that this event simply lends fuel to my argument that regulation is needed.
As things stand currently, illicit drugs are not regulated, but restricted. This seems a minor point, but it is not. Regulating takes the profits away from those who do not care about the end user and places it into government hands, who presumably will provide reasonably safe recreational drugs. Why not? Viagra is a strictly recreational drug so the precedent exists.
I guess what I am saying is this: The only reason new illicit drugs are invented is in response to demand. These creations are made possible in an attempt to circumvent laws and increase illicit profits. Eliminate them with competition and regulate the hell out of the industry.
It’s just that or look for a zombie near you.
In a lighter vein, what if you woke up one morning and thought, could I be a Zombie? Well, here are 7 signs you might be a zombie.
- Worst Acid Trip in History Blamed in Miami Face-Chewing Attack (theatlanticwire.com)
- Apparently LSD Can Turn You Into a Face-Eating Zombie Now (nymag.com)
- Police believe LSD caused cannibal attack in Miami (radio.woai.com)
- Police believe LSD caused cannibal attack in Miami (640whlo.com)
- Police believe LSD caused cannibal attack in Miami (ktrh.com)
- Police believe LSD caused cannibal attack in Miami (mega949.com)
- Weird news: ‘Zombie’ man shot dead while he was eating a victim’s face [UPDATED] (thezigzagger.com)
- Zombie Nation: Naked cannibal on LSD shot to death by Miami police as he ate homeless man’s face (sott.net)
- Day of the Zombie in Miami (yayacanada.blogspot.com)
- Modern Medical Zombies (theness.com)
- Zombie apocalypse becomes reality in Miami (sgtreport.com)
- Miami’s Naked Zombie: Rudy Eugene Shot Dead After Eating And Brutally Injuring Victim’s Face [PHOTOS] (ibtimes.com)
- Officals claim Miami #Zombie, Rudy Eugene, ingested ‘bath salts’ (mccannexposure.wordpress.com)
- Reports: Miami ‘zombie’ attacker may have been using ‘bath salts’ (news.blogs.cnn.com)
- Zombie fans, this is the most ominous real-life tweet you’ll ever read [Holy Crap Wtf] (io9.com)
- Embarassing and ridiculous (motherwifewoman.wordpress.com)
- Zombies! (callmelisa.wordpress.com)
- Zombies & Wal-Mart (forgotmyusername.wordpress.com)
- Real Zombie attack in Miami? (markosun.wordpress.com)
- Miami Face Eating ‘Zombie Man’ was using ‘Bath Salt’ New LSD (ramanan50.wordpress.com)
- Frightening New Details in the Miami Zombie Story (dreadcentral.com)
- Miami: Ronald Poppo Named as Victim in Rudy Eugene’s ‘Zombie’ Face-Eating Attack (ibtimes.com)
- Zombie apocalypse today: Miami man goes insane and eats another man’s face off (davidjrodger.wordpress.com)
- Reports: Miami cannibal attacker may have been high on ‘bath salts’ (kdvr.com)